Wings! I’ve been craving these guys hardcore lately. You never know what restaurant wings have in them, so I thought I’d try my hand at some homemade wings. I found this recipe on the eat. live. Paleo blog.
2-2.5# chicken wings
3 garlic cloves, grated
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oi
l1/2 tsp cayenne
salt + pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, bring water to boil. Add the wings and boil for 8 minutes. Strain, set the wings aside and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ingredients for the marinade. After the wings have cooled, add the wings to the marinade and mix well.
3. Let the wings marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 450F.
5. Lay out the chicken wings over a wire rack. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. (I just laid them on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil.)
6. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the wings over to bake the other side. Bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Take out of the oven, plate, and serve. Enjoy!
These were great! Perfectly crispy. Flavor was spot on too. Garlic, lemon, cayenne…ferocious combo. Once cooked, I dipped them in a little Frank’s Red Hot to add a little kick. Spot hit.
For more delicious wing recipes, check out PaleoPot’s site HERE